For those who don’t know me, I’m Tom Ryan, Founder and CEO of MarCloud Consulting. Recently, I hosted a Marketing Cloud webinar that demonstrated how to run your entire marketing approach via integrated Salesforce products. In essence, doing all your marketing through one comprehensive platform.
To clarify, by Salesforce products I mean Sales Cloud and Marketing Cloud, including Pardot aka Marketing Cloud Account Engagement (MCAE), and B2B Marketing Analytics. With these tools under your belt, you can support the complete customer journey. As proof, in the webinar, I showcased a full journey from MCAE, to Sales Cloud, to Marketing Cloud Advertising, to B2B Marketing Analytics.
If you missed the live webinar, you’re in luck. I recorded it to share with the world in this blog post. Here’s a breakdown of the video contents:
- Explaining the (confusing) Pardot and Marketing Cloud name changes
- Theory behind managing the customer journey and inbound marketing approach
- Campaigns, including things like hierarchy and how these tie in with Analytics
- Four demos:
- UTM parameters solution - for adding first and last touch tracking on prospect records in Sales Cloud
- Sales Cloud integration with MCAE (Pardot) - how sales teams can use features to the advantage of both marketing and sales
- MCAE to Marketing Cloud Advertising integration - how this can be used by sales teams to build advertising audiences for marketing campaigns
- Analytics - looking at the multi-touch attribution report and why it’s important
Want to jump in? Hit play on the Marketing Cloud webinar below:
In case you’re in a hurry or want to skip ahead to a particular topic, here are the key timestamps:
03:17 - Definitions: the name changes
04:37 - The customer journey - illustrating the overlap between the platforms
06:28 - MarCloud customer journey example
07:17 - Campaign hierarchy - underpinning reporting and ROI tracking
09:10 - Content for marketing automation
10:44 - Lead assignment - Pardot is the lead filter, not Sales Cloud!
14:45 - MCAE integration with Slack
15:30 - Demo #1 - custom solution for UTM parameters in prospect records
22:36 - Demo #2 - Sales Cloud actions for MCAE with a cold lead example
28:42 - Demo #3 - Ad Studio integration with Pardot and Sales Cloud
36:20 - Demo #4 - Analytics for tracking campaigns with multi-touch attribution
39:04 - MarCloud innovations - on-demand training, and the Pardot Prospect Scanner
40:41 - Webinar attendee questions
For more guidance and best practice tips for Salesforce marketing automation, sign up for the MarCloud newsletter. We send monthly emails about new releases, getting the most out of features, and innovations MarCloud is working on that you’ll have first access to!