Salesforce Dashboards • Reporting & Analytics
The point of setting up Salesforce dashboards a certain way is to deliver information to your users in the ways that work best for them. This makes reporting easier, and much more user-friendly.
Dashboards provide you with a graphical view of the Salesforce data in reports. The components provide a snapshot of key metrics and performance indicators from your Salesforce data.
You’re undoubtedly spending a lot of time in Salesforce, so why not take that one extra step to customise your dashboards so they are optimised for easy reporting?
To begin customising Salesforce dashboards:
**Note – Your report must be grouped by at least one field in order to choose a new chart component, if not this will display as the standard table type component**
To create a Salesforce Dashboard navigate to the Dashboards tab, click New Dashboard to create or click on an existing dashboard to edit:
- To add a component to the dashboard, press + Component.
- Choose a source report for the component, then press Select.
- You can choose a Chart Report and customise how the component displays data, then press Add.
- This component will now appear on the grid, like the screenshot below. You can arrange or resize the component as you like within the edit grid.
- You can keep on adding components to the dashboard and they will display as per the below screenshot.
To customise a Lightning dashboard